ZKM

Take a Peak Behind the Mask

"Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong."- Adolf Hitler

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas.


Can you feel the holiday cheer? It's all around this feeling of 'happiness' that pervades our society. A time of year known for joy and giving and all the bullshit that is supposed to separate us from the apes. I don't get it. Do I hate it? Well, I suppose that depends.

Do I have to go anywhere? Do anything? Get anyone presents?

I don't have to list for you the damnable aspects of Christmas time. You've heard it all. Us pessimists are anything but individually unique in our assessments.

The problem for those around me has always been, 'what do you get someone who doesn't want anything?' Nothing tangible anyway. I've always, always, always. From the moment I could think coherently. I have always wanted power, in some form or another.

Now don't get all dramatic with me, I don't mean Wonder Woman or Super Man kind of power, but power just the same. Control. Control over the people around me and conversely, control over myself. This has translated itself into a lot of hard work and ambition on my part. Many would say that's a good thing. I see no reason to disagree.

It is tough this time of year, avoiding attention. Now you may be thinking a Narcissist like myself would love attention but if I haven't previously made it clear to you, I in no way embrace the narcissistic side of my personality. I acknowledge it, I tolerate it. But I do not embrace it.

Why? Quite simply it's a weakness. One I'd rather do without, but I guess that's life. No one is without flaws. But anyway-attention. It's hard not to get pity this time of year. My apathy is easily translated as 'depression' or 'sadness'. Then all the sudden I am surrounded by hordes of frothing pitiers come to spend time with the poor sad fellow. Hooray.

I wouldn't have the need to manipulate people if they've leave me alone. They leave me no choice really- I am but a victim of a heroic society. That's laughable isn't it!


What a horrible time of year. But at least it's not the Fourth of July.

2 comments:

CRITICAL MASS CAT said...

Xmas Time and Sociopaths. Any ideas as how to deal with sociopaths at this time? Sociopaths seem to be at their absolute strongest during "happy" holidays - like Xmas, Easter etc. I've grown to dread with loathing these events. It's crazy-making time as the sociopaths get into full gear - a far cry from the so-called love, joy, peace and goodwill widely espoused.
Thanks for sharing

ZKM said...

The best way to deal with a sociopath minding their own business is to mind yours. Such people are generally on their game more during the holidays in order to maintain control and secure their camouflage.

If you're thinking of people purposely attempting to ruin your holiday maliciously, you're most likely not facing sociopaths, but simply assholes. Despite how treacherous we can be, everything we do is for a specific motive. There is no profit in simply 'attacking' someone else's fun, and any sociopath worth his merit wouldn't do so in an obvious enough way for you to notice. That would welcome you to counterattack. Socios are generally a bit more shifty than that.